Join your community in practice! IYISF now offers 40+ live Iyengar Yoga classes every week delivered virtually through zoom.us, a free video conferencing software.
You will be able to see the teacher and interact with them. And if you choose, the teacher can see you too! Our teachers are all committed to supporting your practice during these challenging times.
WHAT ARE LIVE ONLINE CLASSES?
These classes are offered in real time with a live teacher and other students connecting virtually through video conferencing software. We are using zoom.us which is free to download and can be accessed through a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer. A laptop works best for both you and the teacher to view each other.
HOW DO I REGISTER AND JOIN CLASSES?
- You can register like you always do online HERE. Please make sure to register at least 1 hour before class starts.
- You will get your unique Zoom link 60-minutes before class if you are registered in advance. If you register within one-hour of the class start time, you should receive an email within minutes after you sign up.
- Please add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts to avoid emails being sent to spam.
- Can’t find your link to join the class?
- All you need to do to join class is click on the orange button in the email labeled “Click Here to Join”
- Each student is sent a unique link, please do not share your Zoom link with others.
- If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
- Keep checking our website for updates as this is an evolving situation.
View this video for the new email format with the Zoom link to your class.
WHAT WILL I NEED FOR THE CLASS?
Spending time prior to the start of your online class may make the class experience richer. This preparation can include creating a clean and inviting space with good lighting and having your props and device ready. See details below.
1. Props – The props listed will be used in most classes. Have them ready for easy access.
- Sticky mat
- 1-2 blocks
- 1 bolster (or something that you could use as a bolster)
- 3 blankets, or enough for Shoulder Stand
- 1 belt
2. Device and physical set-up information
- Download zoom to your device (phone, tablet or laptop)
- Set your device up horizontal to your mat, about 2-3 feet from the floor, not at an angle.
- If possible, set up your mat about 12 feet away from your screen.
- Adjust the lighting in your room – please don’t put yourself in front of a window or you will be backlit and difficult to see.
- Sit quietly to prepare for class.
3. Joining the live online class
- Please join the meeting 5-15 minutes before the start time to check in with the teacher, arrange your camera, and test your volume
- Once you’ve checked in, please click on mute (lower left of your zoom screen).
- In Zoom you can toggle between two modes – Gallery View and Speaker View. You may want to start in Gallery View to get a sense of class community and for the invocation. Afterward, switch to Speaker View to follow the class – this view makes the picture of the teacher larger.
- If you prefer not to be seen you can turn off your video and only see the teacher.
- At any time if you have a question please unmute and ask your question.