Advanced Studies Program
2022 DEDICATED PRACTITIONERS PROGRAM (DPP) – FOR STUDENTS AND TEACHERS
THe 2022 Program is now completed. Please check back in the Fall for 2023 dates!
DPP | PRACTICE
This multi-level livestream online program is designed for:
• Devoted practitioners (1+ year) exploring development, challenge and depth in home practice
• Students interested in becoming teachers
• Teachers exploring new RIMYI guidelines for progressive actions and interconnections in families of poses
Workshops and sequences will include poses and pranayamas from the syllabi of Levels 1, 2, and 3, threaded together with an emphasis on safety, accessibility, and progression. Three weekends, Fridays and Saturdays, with a one-day immersion to end the program on Sunday, April 3rd.
Prerequisites for program, workshops and immersion:
- One year of continuous study with a CIYT
- Current mentor or public class relationship with CIYT
- Willing to practice one hour a day, 6 days a week
- Willing to study one hour a week and to keep a journal of studies
DPP | PRACTICE 2022 Schedule:
- Module 1: February 11-12 • 1 – 4pm PST
- Standing and Seated Poses
- Module 2: March 4-5 • 1 – 4pm PST
- Forward and Lateral Extension
- Module 3: April 1-2 • 1 – 4pm PST
- Inversions and Back Extension
- IMMERSIONS: April 3 • 8am – 2pm PST
- Abdominals and Balancing
What students say — “Very good, clear instructions from teachers who are very good at what they do.“
“I’m doing a workshop with Victoria and she is providing brilliant information and insides.”
New to online livestream classes? Check out iyisf.org/online-classes
Peer Teaching Group
The IYISF Teaching Group is a community of Iyengar yoga teachers and practitioners of all levels who are working collaboratively to practice the principles of teaching as given by B.K.S. Iyengar. The group is guided by the IYNAUS criteria for teacher certification. Participants are expected to attend regularly and maintain a commitment to be in the group, not only to achieve a particular certification level, but because of an interest in an ongoing collaboration with like-minded practitioners in honing teaching skills.
During each session, a few members of the group teach poses to the rest of the group. The teacher role is rotated so that all group members have regular opportunities to teach in the group. New members will observe during their first session, and will be in line to teach at the following session. After each teacher’s segment, the group offers feedback based on the principles described in Basic Guidelines for Teachers of Yoga and the IYNAUS certification manual. The feedback process consists of moving around the group, with each member giving one succinct point.
Please contact IYISF at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive reminders about upcoming sessions and how to sign up to either teach and/or participate. While we are on-line, there is no need to sign up on IYISF website. Everyone who is on the list will receive a zoom link the day of the session.
PREREQUISITES FOR PARTICIPATION ARE:
(1) a daily personal Iyengar yoga practice
(2) IYNAUS membership
(3) a commitment to teach as demonstrated by: (a) teaching a regular Iyengar yoga class; (b) planning to take an IYNAUS assessment and having a mentor for that; OR (c) completion of or concurrent enrollment in an Iyengar yoga teacher training program.