Want to join our community of dedicated yogis? Seva (selfless service) is a yogic concept rooted in the idea of receiving by giving. There are many opportunities to volunteer at IYISF and we welcome your ideas as well! Your commitment to service makes us a stronger organization that can bring Iyengar yoga to more individuals every day.
We have opportunities for every skill set! Email Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Serve on a board-led committee and provide leadership in an area you are passionate about. We are currently recruiting volunteers to serve on the following committees: Governance, Fundraising, Finance, and Membership. All committees will be chaired by a board member and individual members will be drawn from all areas of our community – board, staff, teachers, faculty and members. Committee members must have an active IYANC membership to serve.
- Become a Class Registrar. Greet new and returning students at our front desk and register classes and programs. Be the face and voice of IYANC and IYISF at the front desk, call lapsed members,
- Assist with administrative tasks. Support our staff by helping with data entry, preparation of member communications mailings, or archival scanning.
- Work a special event (setup, greet & register guests, cleanup).
- Host a benefit program for IYANC outreach increasing access to Iyengar yoga.
- Assist with marketing, publications and social media. Photograph teachers/students/workshops, produce a promotional video or social media content, or work on the website.
Volunteer Program Description
Volunteers are valued by the Institute for their contributions in cleaning, front desk work, and other specialized skills and become a part of a vibrant practice community. Volunteers work 2-4 hours per week and commit to a period of six months.
Areas of Volunteer Work
- Studio cleaning
- Support office staff in a variety of administrative functions
- Act as an IYISF representative to our community members
- Specific specialized skills including marketing, graphic design, photography and web design
- Reliable, consistent, and responsible
- Able to work 2-4 hours per week
- Able to work comfortably and respectfully with diverse populations
- Must be friendly and welcoming
- Must be able to clean thoroughly and joyfully and use cleaning products comfortably
- Must be committed to Iyengar Yoga
Perks of volunteering at IYISF:
Volunteers who work:
- 2 hours per week receive 6 yoga classes monthly
- 3 hours per week receive 8 yoga classes monthly
- 4 hours per week receive 10 yoga classes monthly
- 5 hours per week receive 12 yoga classes monthly
- 6 hours per week receive 14 yoga classes monthly
- If you work over 6 hours per week, you will receive 1 class for every 2 hours you work.
- Any additional accumulated hours, will be taken into consideration and credited accordingly
- All volunteers receive a 10% discount off of early-bird workshop prices
*All yoga classes are good for two months from the date of issue.
*Volunteers are credited for classes every two weeks.
*Volunteers may share their credited classes and bring a friend to yoga a maximum of twice per month.
*Credited classes are non-transferable.
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com, with ‘IYISF Volunteer Program’ in the subject line:
- Cover letter
- Two references