Participate in IYISF’s Silent Auction after you take the Yogathon Challenge!
Are you planning to take the Yogathon 108 Pose Challenge? Are you planning to attend the Community Potluck? Then you should also consider being a part of the upcoming Silent Auction, through donation or bids! Through participating in the Silent Auction, you can help to raise even more money to support the legacy of Iyengar yoga and continue to be a part of this flourishing yoga community!
The Silent Auction will take place during the Community Potluck, from 5:30-8:00pm on Saturday, April 25, and is open to all. We already have a variety of exciting auction items to bid on, including:
- 2 Gift certificates from Simco Restaurants on PIER 39
- One certificate is for the Fog Harbor Fish House, a beautiful 4-Star restaurant with 100% sustainable seafood.
- One certificate offers a choice of the Simco Family Restaurants (Fog Harbor Fish House, Pier Market Seafood Restaurant and Wipeout Bar & Grill), all on PIER 39 . Each restaurant serves Sustainable Seafood!
- PIER 39 has generously donated four attraction passes:
- One pass for the Aquarium of the Bay, a wonderful Aquarium that is very committed the environment
- One pass for the Blue & Gold Fleet with the choice of a Bay Cruise or a Ride on Rocketboat, a high speed boat
- One pass for the 7-D Experience, a simulated roller coaster and 3D animated films
- One pass for the the Carousel
- Jane O’Donnell (Meg’s fabulous mom!) has donated a 2-hour knitting lesson for beginners. Jane will provide the materials for you to learn how to cast on, knit, and purl. You can work on making your first scarf!
- A spot in Brian’s Hogencamp’s Summer Solstice One Day Workshop
- A one hour private yoga lesson with Nina Gold
- A spot in Ana-Mari Hamada and David Sirgany’s Memorial Day Weekend Retreat
- An item from Jean Dowell’s Green Buddha line
- A spot in Janet McLeod’s upcoming retreat on the Isle of Skye in Scotland
- Recycled yoga props
- Rebecca Ratzkin, our Board President, has donated a homemade knitted item of your choice
- Matthew Diamond, Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation Medicine Physician has donated a consultation at his new office in Pacific Heights
The Iyengar Yoga Association of Northern California (of which the Institute is a physical asset) is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization and that all donations are tax-deductible up to the limit set by law.
RSVP for the COMMUNITY PARTY & SILENT AUCTION!
JOIN the Yogathon Challenge! – Donate or raise a minimum of $108 to participate
DONATE! – Make a donation to your teacher or fellow student who is participating in the Yogathon
Thank you all who attended the special event with Patricia Walden and Manouso Manos on March 23rd, 2015. It was a packed house of new friends and old who came to hear a conversation with Patricia and Manouso about the evolution of yoga in the United States. Monica Desai-Henderson acted as our skilled moderator. See photos on Facebook here.
This talk was generously donated by Patricia Walden and Manouso Manos in support of the Iyengar Yoga Association of Northern California. The Association’s (IYANC’s) mission is to continue to legacy of yoga in the lineage of the great Yogacharya B.K.S. Iyengar.
Please consider SUPPORTING OUR MISSION WITH A DONATION in honor of this talk. We asked for a $25 donation at the live event but any amount is greatly appreciated.
Patricia and Manouso also generously donated their time for a smaller luncheon earlier in the day. A big thank you to Asriel and Carmela Levin who hosted the lunch and provided all the food and beverages. Carmella prepared the gourmet lunch, three courses followed by a fabulous desert (a delicious tiramisu).
Between these two events we raised over $10,000 in support of the Iyengar Yoga Association of Northern California. A deep bow of gratitude to Patricia and Manouso as well as all the staff at the Jewish Community Center of SF who made this happen!
- B.K.S. Iyengar
- Benefit Workshop
- Fundraising Event
- Geeta Iyengar
- Marketing Mondays
- Open House
- Prashant Iyengar
- Student Perspective
- Sunita Iyengar
- Teacher Training
- Teachers Perspective
- Thoughts from the Board
- Yoga and Science
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- March 2012