Advanced Studies Program
“By dedicated practice of the various aspects of yoga impurities are destroyed: the crown of wisdom radiates in glory.” – B.K.S. Iyengar, Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, II.28
Our Advanced Studies programs focus on establishing yoga as a way of life through the path of dedicated, uninterrupted practice and self-study.
Foundation of Practice
The Foundation of Practice program is a three-month immersion in yoga study and practice that inspires students to develop, enhance and deepen their practice and understanding of the art and science of Iyengar Yoga. When we develop a firm foundation of yoga practice, yoga becomes the means to live our lives more fully, to develop healthy, nourishing relationships and to give back to the world.
The program includes practical means to establish stability in your yoga practice. Sessions will include instruction in asana and pranayama, talks and discussion of yoga philosophy, and coverage of basic anatomy and physiology. Participants will gain a depth of understanding which inspires a whole-hearted desire to elevate the best part of one’s self. Students will receive reading assignments and home practice materials to assist them with their personal practice throughout the program and beyond!
This program is for you if you are:
- Having trouble establishing a regular personal practice of yoga
- Ready to go beyond the asana as simply physical exercises or a hobby
- Curious about what the yoga asana have to do with spiritual life
- Ready to explore yoga as a way of life including asana, pranayama, self-study, philosophy
- Build strong relationships and community with like-minded people
Participants should have a minimum of two years of Iyengar Yoga experience and competence at the basic Intermediate level.